Monday, July 1, 2013

Leslierahye'sScorchin' Hot Summer Steampunk Celebration Blog Hop 2♥13 - July 1st

Welcome
hosted by Leslierahye
If I can alter something that people would discard you know
I would do it in a heart beat
in my last posting I created a steampunk dress form wall decor

I used the frame the wings came from
painted with Tim Holtz Distress paints and Distress Stains
used UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel) and Heat Inks in the melting pot
placed the textured Gear textured Tread down 
and placed my chipboard facing down on top of textured tread to get the imprint
to show on the other side
 I added silver and white rub-n-buff on top of 
texture to give it that pop
I used Labatt's Blue Canadian beer cans to cut out the flowers

I am happy with the results

 INGREDIENTS
Ranger - Clear UTEE (Ultimate Thick Embossing Enamel)
Ranger - Heat It Inks for UTEE Red and Blue
Ranger - Melt Art Textured Threads - Gears
Tim Holtz - Distress Paints - Chipped Sapphire and Fire Brick
Time Holtz - Distress Stains Pewter
Rub-n-Buff - Silver and White
Time Holtz - Distress Flower Die
MISC embellishments

Thanks for stopping by

9 comments:

DIYDesignStudio said...

AWESOMENESS and incredibly punky!

Tristan Robin said...

so cool! - and I love how you've utilized the UTEE product in such a clever way! Good on you

Lyneen said...

The wings are amazing!!!!! I love all the details. These will look great in an altered project or alone!!!

Linda M. Cain said...

Great job! Love these.

~Linda

Morninglass said...

great use of things that other people might just throw away!

Anonymous said...

Your piece is certainly unique! :) I love fairies and this is steampunk fairies. I love it!

Barbara Rankin said...

Love those wings. I wouldn't waste any of them, either. Love how you used the leftover part to make another pair of awesome wings.

LeslieRahye said...

Beautiful and awesome as always I love that you used the "other" part to complete this...I love that emboss folder!

Great ideas!! Happy Summer and a wonderful 4th of July! Thank you for being part of my hop!

Unknown said...

wow creative!

....