Wednesday, March 20, 2013

leslierahye's Hippity Hoppity Steampunk Spring Blog Hop March 20, 2013

Welcome to 
Hosted by Leslierahye

If you were to meet me you would never think
that I love steampunk.  I am a huge fan as many of you know
and when Leslie created here blog hops for the year
I hopped on it!  Yeah yeah tacky joke

When she created the blinky for this 
hop i just about dropped because it
had all the colors of project

I HAD FUUUUNNNN MAKING THIS!
Squeal!

I was influenced by
on YouTube

EASTER STEAMPUNK AIRCRAFT
 I thought it would be fun to use these bright colors
as though the aircraft crashed into the egg coloring factory

 I guess I should have painted the nest egg too huh?

 used the new arrival cricut cartridge to make the propeller and wings

INGREDIENTS
Medium Egg coded styrofoam egg - Hobby Lobby
Plastic ties
Mesh and foiled tape

Dies
Papertrey Ink - Clock face
Donna Salazar - Gears
Tim Holtz - Gears and border Gears

Tim Holtz Distress Paints
mowed lawn, seedless preserves, spiced marmalade
mustard seed, broken china, picked raspberry, peeled paint
Jaquard - Halo Violet Gold

Metal Gears, bottle cap, nest egg - bead landing - Michael's
Propeller  - Cricut Cartridge New Arrival
Embossing folder - Tim Holtz Riveted Metal
Sequins
Toilet Paper Roll for top and bottom


Hope you enjoyed view as much as me

Should I do a video?

Thanks for stopping by
be sure to see what the other 
designers created to pep up Spring! 

12 comments:

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

Love the colorful steampunk! Looks fab!

Regena said...

oh that is adorableness. love it!

Fabrizio Martellucci said...

That's great Jess, so much work went into it, what a fun project ! xoxo Fab

Susan M. Brown {sbartist} said...

This is UBER-AMAZING!! I totally love it and that you recycled some paper tubes into the project as well. I am waiting for the chocolate bunny drop from this airship! BRAVISSIMO!!!

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!

Sandra Strait said...

Wow!

Morninglass said...

What a fabulous airship! great job!

Barbara Rankin said...

This is absolutely amazing. I love all the details you put into this, and the fact that it probably DID crash into a color factory. Yes, please do a video. I would love to see how you made it.

Nan G said...

Fab absolutely fab! Oh yes a video please! You're giving Gentleman Jim a run for his money with this baby!

Gitte said...

Great project.

some kind of wonderful said...

that is by far the most unique thing i think i have seen altered! how fun!

The Gentleman Crafter said...

Amazing. I am completely in love. So fun. Yahooooo!!!

Jim.

....